John Kilduff is the host of the inspired cable TV show "Let's Paint". A crazy mix of art, keep-fit, philosophy and crank-calling phone-in mayhem. It really has to be seen to be believed. He wants his show to go national. Our UK staff want his show to go international. Lamont caught up with him and put him under the Happy Shopper spotlight.
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
I got an electrical lawn mover from the South Coast Air Quality Board for $100. We had to trade in our old gas lawn mover. It's kind of strange though.....hundreds of us idling in our cars wasting gas and polluting the earth waiting in line for these cool earth saving lawn movers.
2) How many shoes do you own?
12 if you count sandals of which I have 5 (my new dog just ate my moccasins and a couple sandals). So I guess it's 9.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look?
At this moment the cost for what I am wearing would be $0. The "goodwill" would not even try to sell these. Paint stains everywhere and I am still trying to make use of the Birkinstocks that my dog ate. Your best bet to find these duds would be in those bags that are left at night in front of thrift stores.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
My girlfriend and her best friend decided on Mexican food so I am guessing maybe a burrito.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
$5 bucks for a beer at a Dodgers game or was it $8 bucks. It was a few years ago when I lived in Echo Park. I waited 2 innings in line for the ATM to get some money for that beer because the concessions don't accept credit cards.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
Utrecht Art Store in West LA.
7) How do you get around town?
I ride in my 93 Dodge Caravan that is losing its paint.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
Puerto Rico. It's the most exotic place you can go to without leaving the US (haven't been to Hawaii, Guam, Iraq, Afganistan, etc.)