Tav Falco and the Panther Burns have been long time favorites of these pages, oh maybe since the release of Behind The Magnolia Curtain, in 1981. And who could easily forget those nights at the Harlesden Mean Fiddler?
Initially from Memphis, Tav Falco has been operating more out of Paris since the 90s. Tearing up that town.
Your next chance to see the incomporable Panther Burns live is in Italy when they appear at STRADE BLU Festival, Tredozio, on July 31, 2008. The music is ageless and Tav Falco seems somehow Timeless. Here's your chance to not merely learn how to dress like Tav Falco... No! To actually live like Tav Falco! (Get ready for the rush, used Norton motorcyle dealers!)
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
- Air Conditioner.
2) How many shoes do you own?
- 33 pairs.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look?
- Skull ring. Nikel plated. 50 cents. Chewing gum machine, Memphis.
- Silver chain bracelet. 25 euros. Jewelier, Monpellier, France.
- Eyeglasses. 150 euros. RayBan, Paris.
- White & Black Rock n Roll shoes, 57 euros, Italy.
- Shiny bronze-glanz Merck suit, 200 euros, London.
- Black & White shirt, Zara shirt, 55 euros, Vienna.
- Vintage bronze & black neck tie, $6, Memphis.
- Stream Line train locomotive cuff-links, $20, New York.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
- Coconut Thai curry.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
- That was 37 euros for two glasses of Champagne at the Hotel Ritz, Place Vendome, Paris.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
- Rue Saint Denis, 11St./Ave.B, New York.
7) How do you get around town?
- Norton motorcycle.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
Lago Lugano, Italy.
Find out more about Tav Falco and the Panther Burns, here
Main Photo: Lisa Roze
Sharon and Rob and Carrie are back as the happiest foul-mouthed family on TV