Tav Falco started this thing with Christmas Wish Lists. So shortly I think, maybe the writer Chris Connolly will finish it. Christmas lists, they fascinate and simultaneously induce at the very least wincing, and they are insidious and irresistible. But for now I can't stop asking people for their Christmas Wish Lists. I don't know, it's like warm blood isn't warm for long, I have to get it while it's hot.
Ancient History's Donny Ducote seems like the kind of person who spends a lot of time in tunnels and on trains, if you're reading this on the Subway, check out the guy over there in the corner scribbling in a notebook, brow furrowed. It's never easy being Donny Ducote. But with the advent of Ancient History's debut release, we're pretty certain Donny is gonna have to come out into the light in 2013. An indie album that doesn't sound as if it was recorded in a bedroom, instead sounding like it was made for it. Well, made for the bedrooms of more existentialist types, I guess. Donny Ducote could easily make a more likable boyfriend on Girls. Check out Donny's Christmas list...
1. Rent for January
2. Pinback's debut on vinyl. Can't find it anywhere.
3. A pair of the old school olive and brown Airwalks that I used to wear in 7th grade.
4. SM57 or three
5. ADAT tapes
6. Shades for my windows
7. A couple weeks of paid vacation
8. Keys to a rental car with a full tank of gas
9. Every episode of Behind The Music starring early 90's rock bands.
10. Socks. Preferably colorful socks.
Listen to Ancient History on Soundcloud. Check out their nice website here ancienthistorynyc.com