In the end it was a relatively simple affair. We kept on pushing out stories as fast as anyone could contribute them, our outsider slant on arts, music and culture, and you guys kept reading them in ever declining numbers. I never know what to make of decline. At what point does this end, maybe it should've ended an internet age ago, or maybe as an independent as culture comes our way, OUTSIDELEFT is only just beginning, 15 years after we began. 19 was a good year, here's why...
- Mark Hollis - A Life by Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis remembers the late and uncompromisingly great Mark Hollis
- From Haiti to your Heart by Guilaine Arts
Raphael Sagage is a master of abstract realism
- A Painter's Life by Lee Paul
Anthony Reynolds talks about five painters he likes
- Honest Abe by Ancient Champion
Abe Partridge, Alabama's acclaimed songwriter and folk artist, paints the UK whatever colors he wants
- Malcolm X Over Bearwood & Elsewhere by LamontPaul
Paul Magson's play, Marshall Street, recounts Malcolm X's visit to Smethwick...
- Something Left Behind by Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis meets Andrew Jezard, director of the critically acclaimed Wedding Present documentary
- The Most Interesting Job Interview Question I've Ever Been Asked by Alarcon
Sometimes hiring managers surprise you, and put thought into the application process.
- Love and Death and Stephen Duffy by Jason Lewis
'I Love My Friends' revisited.
- It's the way I tell 'em... by Lake
Kirk Lake in the first of several planned Scott Walker tributes...
- Always Coming Back to You by Jason Lewis
a tribute to Scott Walker.
- Le passeÌ le preÌsent et l'avenir by Christian Present
Festival Des Abolitions de Sylvio MeÌranville aÌ Paris jusqu'au 22 Juin
- Raft by Meave Haughey
Meave Haughey says Anne Gill's Raft presents a paradox of escape and survival, isolation and loneliness
- Were You Ever Really Here? by Jeremy Gluck
Jeremy Gluck tears a strip from Warhol and Metzger's marketing plans
- Blow My Horn! by Ancient Champion
Bryan Corbett's blowing up the Windsor Theatre (Bar)
- Put Your Hands in This Soil by Ancient Champion
David Benjamin Blower - Extinction: Acceptance and Commitment
- A Dream of Lilac Time by Jason Lewis
Stephen Duffy discusses how The Lilac Time made their superb return.
- Kamasi - the new king of jazz by Samantha Charles
Samantha Charles reviews Kamasai Washington's show in Birmingham in the UK
- Kate Groobey Gets Around by Ancient Champion
Kate Groobey's Pure Pleasure show is in Venice
- Lorna Rose On The Buses by Ancient Champion
Artist Lorna Rose captures the rhythm of the city with her acclaimed series of bus sketches
- Ex Forces.Breakfast by Duncan Jones
Two new poems from Duncan Jones
- Alex V. Cook's Records of 2019 by Alex V. Cook
I want to shout "Look at all the peaches! How do you celebrate!?" to the world. Well? How do you?
- Assholes of Ambition by Ancient Champion
The Grrrrrr8 Kate Groobey takes over Milan
- Neva Neva Land by Meave Haughey
Revisiting CD Rose's The Neva Star has Meave Haughey shedding tears over jaunty European scarves and cheeses
- On the Fiddle with Sudan Archives by Ancient Champion
What if Sudan Archives went and made a record better than Sink?
- Anterior Material Superior
Boetti v Gormley by Damon Hayhurst
Arts correspondent Damon Hayhurst finds strong ideas, playfulness & experimentation on Cork Street
- Snoh Business by Lee Paul
Ugh, Snow Allegrah's new record just feels right, right?
- Greta Alfaro's Fourteenth Station by LamontPaul
Greta Alfaro's new show is opening in Valencia
- Toon Traveller in Buenos Aires by Toon Traveller
First in a series of columns from our independent travel writer
- Andy Conway's Ghosts of Christmas Past by LamontPaul
Andy Conway's new book, Ghosts of Christmas Past exorcises his editor....
- Toon Traveller: Ushuaia by Toon Traveller
Toon Traveller's down south and the boats have come in