2020 The Story So Far
30 of Our most widely read stories of 2020 so far...
by Lee Paul
, for outsideleft.com
Strange Times of course, locked in, locked down, let out, let loose and... A lot of sitting around and reading and so, our most popular or widely read stories of 2020, so far. What should happen next? What happens next? Who knows... For now, no one is in control.
- Visual Art with a Steel Pulse by Guilaine Arts
Colin Gabbidon - man of many talents
- Millicent Chapanda Week in Outsideleft by LamontPaul
Next week is mbira musician, Millicent Chapanda week in OUTSIDELEFT, don't miss it!
- Un Hommage Clotaire Marboeuf, un musicien remarquable by Guilaine Arts
De la biguine au Jazz
- Jamie Reid: Dragon's Revenge by Jeremy Gluck
When Jamie Reid created the iconic Sex Pistols 'Bollocks' design, he was just getting started...
- Nonceptualism in the Northwoods by Jeremy Gluck
Welcome to the Lockdome: Binary in the Time of Coronavirus
- Amphitheatre of Death by Paul Quigley
artist Paul Quigley gets out and about with his sketchpad...
- Live and Uncensored Poetry and Song by Lee Paul
Emma Purshouse leads a new line of poetry in Bearwood
- Pogus Caesar: This Job Is Never Done by LamontPaul
Pogus Caesar on the work, and the music that helps him make it
- Outsideleft Night Out: Germa Adan and Millicent Chapanda by Hamilton High
The Outsideleft Night Out was an outlandishly triumphant triumph.
- Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest by Jason Lewis
Outsideleft's LP of 2019
- Re-release & Artist of the Year by Jason Lewis
Ahead of unveiling our album of the year, we need to discuss the most significant re-release of the year.
- Walking Distance by LamontPaul
Sabine Lettmann takes fashion on a different route
- Calendar of the Year by Lee Paul
Lorna Rose's Bus Sketches is OUTSIDELEFT's calendar of the Year
- American Crisis by Ancient Champion
Bob Mould Is Angry All Over Again
- Master of Ceremonies by Pixievic
A poem by Pixievic
- The Last Dance by Alarcon
How One Little Man Destroyed America's Greatest Dynasty
- Kinks, Curls and Fades by LamontPaul
The Natural Hair Movement Shakes It Loose
- * Exquisite Minutes by LamontPaul
- The Deep Purple Falls Over Sleepy Garden Walls by Toon Traveller
First Gig: Toon Traveller recalls a first gig, a magical night and the start of an enduring love for live music
- Everything Momus All The Time by John Robinson
New OL contributor John Robinson is going to review everything Momus ever did or does...
- What Can You Do by LamontPaul
people are so fucking sick of the situation it's no wonder they are taking to the streets, no other language has been heard
- About Paris by Meave Haughey
Meave Haughey passes you a parting note from Paris
- Paris is Burning by Alarcon
Paris cooking, it's the first time Alarcon smiles in 2020...
- Making Marks by Duncan Jones
a new poem by Duncan Jones...
- Now The Kingfisher by Lee Paul
Lee Paul eavesdrops as Jason Lewis and Ancient Champion talk about how their Kingfisher came to be
- Key Workers by Alarcon
The Strokes relish the new abonormal
- If You're Going to San Francisco by Sophia Satchell-Baeza
Peter Whitehead and Anthony Stern's Intense Collaboration
- Four Reasons Why I Did This Now by Lee Paul
David Benjamin Blower releases the stripped down version of his critically acclaimed LP
- Scott Aicher & Iris Berry by Ancient Champion
Paintings and Poetry... Cornelius Projects presents Scott Aicher and Iris Berry.
- What Are You Doing Sunday, Baby? by Ancient Champion
If you're at a loose end this Sunday, it's your last chance to catch Kate Groobey at London's Art Fair
#1. Colin Gabbidon, interviewed by Guilaine Arts, is number one!