1. Nintendo’s upcoming Legend of Zelda for the Gamecube will be regarded as the best in the series since the first one. Between this and the still-in-development “Mario 128,” 2005 is shaping up as Nintendo’s “fire all your guns at once” year. Could they be exiting the business in a blaze of glory? Well, probably not. But these two games are going to be great.
2. The Decemberists will follow Modest Mouse to the majors. Their next album will be wildly popular thanks in part to MTV exposure for the boyish good looks of lead singer Colin Meloy.
3. Will Ferrell will see his first post-SNL commercial flop with Bewitched. People are tired of Nicole Kidman, and even more tired of TV shows turning into movies.
4. For its series finale in 2008, The Simpsons will bring back former staff writer Conan O’Brien. 20 seasons. Mark it.
5. Call me crazy, but I like the Suns to win the NBA title. I know all about how they don’t play defense as well as the Spurs, Pistons or Heat, but they score so much it simply won’t matter.
Memories are Now, is a bold and inventive collection from Jesca Hoop who says each new record begins with a musical identity crisis