The penultimate one of these where we check back over the hit stories our readers read during the past month... Unsurprisingly Alan Rider's exclusive interview with The Specials' Horace Panter gets the big gong. Callum Easter... not so far away, with two entries in the top 20 too. The main image on this page is Horace's painting, recently on display at the Colley Ison Gallery in Birmingham.
This Months Hits
- The Art of Being A Special by Alan Rider
Former Specials bassist Horace Panter talks expansively to Alan Rider about losing Terry Hall, life after The Specials, flat art, the Dirt Road Band, selfie culture, and extreme calligraphy.
- I'm Cool Thanks. How Are You? by Sheridan Coyle
Callum Easter Doesn't Meet Sheridan Coyle
- A Message For You by Alan Rider
Book Now to see Adrian Goldberg in conversation with 2 Tone author Daniel Rachel, discussing Daniel's new book 'Too Much Too Young'
- 40 Years On: Beauty Stab by ABC by Jay Lewis
After four decades, is there finally #justiceforbeautystab ?
- In Art All Money Is Ours by Alan Rider
Alan Rider wows at the work of the Slovenian NSK State collective
- Balancing the Devil and the Daylight by Tim London
Tim London says David Benjamin Blower is balancing the Devil and the daylight on his new LP
- Echoes of Brazil; Vacuum Histories by Sofia Ribeiro Willcox
Sofia Ribeiro Willcox previews the forthcoming Amaro Freitas Long Player, 'Y'Y'
- R. Mutt Rock: Alan Rider Hears Dada in Dadu the new LP from Dead Voices on Air by Alan Rider
And the card read Capitalism Has Failed...
- Sunday Morning Poet: Sofia Ribeiro-Willcox by Sofia Ribeiro Willcox
Sofia Ribeiro-Willcox's Glass Onion is today's Sunday Morning Poem
- Lol, Budgie and Lee in Los Angeles by Alan Rider
The Fruits of a Chance Meeting in the City of Quartz
- R.M. Francis Reanimates Terror by Ancient Champion
R.M. Francis reads from his new horror collection Ameles/Currents of Unmindfulness
- Callum Easter's Unchained Melodies by Ancient Champion
Callum Easter live at the O2 in Birmingham
- New Blue Sun by OL House Writer
Andre 3000 makes a new record after 17 years and that should be all you need to know
- ...and in the end by Jay Lewis
The 'final' single by The Beatles is here. And Jay Lewis is relieved...
- Good Deal from The Swampmeat by Ancient Champion
Ancient Champion gets hisself out of his rocker and out to see rockers Swampmeat Family Band's LP release show
- It's Good To Be Weird by Alan Rider
Alan Rider goes on a mystical journey amongst the stones in pagan zine creators Weird Walks first book.
- This Image is in Revolt by Ancient Champion
Ancient Champion pops along to see Pop Art Star Derek Boshier's collected works at the Wolverhampton Art Gallery
- glue by Wayne Dean-Richards
Wayne Dean-Richards' glue is the latest in our series from his collection it's a mad world but funny
- Sunday Morning Poet: Neil Campbell by Neil Campbell
Flames is a new(ish) Poem from OL fave, Neil Campbell
- Shplang Stay True by John Robinson
John Robinson listens to Shlang's Thank You, Valued Customer
music to enjoy a list by...
The main image on this page is Horace's painting, recently on display at the Colley Ison Gallery in Birmingham.
Outsideleft needs writers. Oh and sharers...