In our mission to bring you the very best in contemporary artists we present one of the most innovative painters currently working in London. Using a variety of found objects Neate paints amazing figurative work that through a combination of painterly skill and elements of collage and combination literally loom large out of their frames. His current show has some of the most exciting and bold work I have seen for years. But enough about art lets talk commerce. We present our latest Happy Shopper - Adam Neate.
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
A plug in socket-mouse deterrent. It's great!! keeps mice out of your house in a humane way. More practical than geeky i guess!
2) How many shoes do you own?
2 pairs of New balance 577's both blue and grey same design since 1989. For me they are design classics. Believe me I keep an eye out for new types of shoe but nothing comes close.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look
It wouldn't cost much, I wear mostly black clothes from second hand stores. I don't wear jewellery or timepieces. I try to be as un-branded as possible apart from my comedy tattoos.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
A kind of Brasilian soup-stew. Just boil up a pot of water, add some chopped potatoes, carrots, chicken pieces and stock, pasta or macaroni and let the water mix with the stock untill it thickens up nicely.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
¬£14!! I was in a tapas restaurant and asked for a glass of red wine, guessing it would be about ¬£2.50. I recommend Iceland red wine, it's cheap and it tastes like the table wine you get in family trattorias. You can't miss it, it's the only wine Iceland do.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
Conceptually it would be Argos, in reality Atlantis art shop in Whitechapel.
7) How do you get around town?
Rat infested tunnels with adverts on them.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
Adam Neate is showing at Elms Lesters Gallery in London.
the first journalism Lake ever had published was a history of Johnny Thunders for Record Collector magazine, since then he has written for publications including the Guardian, Dazed and Confused, the Idler and more recently, outsideleft.com as you have just seen.