Great news. The Happy Shopper is back. And today we have - Anthony Reynolds. Welshman. Sings. Writes. Founded the celebrated band Jack and went on to release a number of records under a variety of guises and on a string of different labels. He has just released his first single under his own name on Chaffinch Records. Later this year is a collaborative recording with cult author and occult expert Colin Wilson. And then there is the remastered, redux, re-release of his first band's first LP - Pioneer Soundtracks. He wrote one of my favourite rock lyrics "I fell down the stairs in my ex-wife's wedding dress". Or maybe he stole the line. In any case it's a great line and it's in one of his songs.
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
2) How many shoes do you own?
Three. One for each foot...
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look
Blobby orange sandals/shoes - Bought for me last week in a Sports Shop (that also houses one of Hemingways' Boats - The Pilar - in Key Largo) after I lost my own Topman sandals in a mangrove island. These were a gift..about $50. (I should say we had to buy two pairs cos I have 3 feet etc blah).
Jack and Jones Italian flared jeans, ebay, ¬£40.
Gap hoodie - ¬£4 Llangollen charity Shop.
Calvin Klein specs with super thin lenses cos otherwise my eyes look like currants...¬£400.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
I'm newly single, grossly overwight, and have just moved into an unfurnished flat. So I shall be eating rice and peas standing up in my kitchen staring at the back of a church.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
¬£70 on Rose champers for my ex girlfriend last NYE. I myself don't like champagne...incidentally.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
Huge, rambling, second hand bookshops - there's an awesome one in Llangollen. It used to be a theatre. Perfect.
7) How do you get around town?
Walk, beneath a cloud.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
My friend's $35 million estate in Florida. I kid ye not. The first holiday of my adult life (last week).
Anthony has an entertaining and informative website with regular news and updates.
the first journalism Lake ever had published was a history of Johnny Thunders for Record Collector magazine, since then he has written for publications including the Guardian, Dazed and Confused, the Idler and more recently, outsideleft.com as you have just seen.