Tastemaker, Brini Maxwell, of the Style Channel's Brini Maxwell Show and NPR fame, joins our throng of Happy Shopper's at last. Is there anyone we would rather shop with? I doubt it. Brini has a new line of delightful interior items available too, which, when in WeHo, you can check out at 655 Home, on Robertson...
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
The Baconer - a vintage 1970's appliance designed to make cooking bacon as simple as making toast.
2) How many shoes do you own?
Individual shoes or pairs? I don't know why I'm asking, both answers are "Countless"
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewellery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look
Well, you'd have to go to me, I'm afraid. The dress I'm wearing I made of a vintage 1970's light weight wool crepe print. I'm also wearing a vintage scarf from Peck and Peck and retro styled designer shoes from one of my favorite discount stores (a little hidden gem in TriBeCa called Anbar) and simple vintage jewelry found i-don't-know-where. All in all it would cost you about $200 to $250 to recreate this look if you make the dress yourself, but you'd have to do some stepping to do it.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
Well, I eat my big meal during the day so my dinners are very light. Tonight I have quite a treat in store, however. I picked up a delicious piece of stromboli (stuffed bread) from Faicco's Pork Store in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn when I was there today meeting with my printer, so I'll have that, some grapefruit juice and for dessert perhaps one of the brownies I made today.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
I'm happy to say I don't have to spend money on alcohol. I don't really drink all that much - only in social situations. The two nicest alcoholic experience I've ever had was when I was invited to the launch of two new vintages of Dom Perignon and while there, sipping their delightful wine I got a call that my show had been green lit by the network. The second was when I was treated to a gift of a case of Piper Heidseick by the European brand rep Christian Holthausen. I'm a bit of a nut for champagne.
6) What and where is your favourite shop?
I think that would have to be Trina Turk's Palm Springs boutique. I simply dote on her designs and love the mix of vintage and original pieces she features.
Brini Maxwell's New Looks
7) How do you get around town?
On foot as much as possible. I love walking in New York, it's so liberating to be able to get where you're going under your own power.
8) Where is your favourite place to holiday?
Palm Springs, California, without a doubt. It's one of my favorite places on earth. I'm scheming on how to acquire a home there.