Needing a big introduction, apparently... The least read stories we've published in outsideleft this year... #1, a review of Jonathan Lethem interested absolutely no one... Yet. Are you a Blogger? Potential Potentate? Dabbler? Your story could so easily be here!
- Suggested Summer Reading: Lethem's Latest? by J. Charreaux
J. Charreaux suggests that if you have to read anything this summer, it might as well be , You Don't Love Me Yet, by certified genius, Jonathan Lethem.
- Hail the Conquering Douchebag by Alex V. Cook
I forgot how much I need Greg Dulli in my life. His cigarette and need-damaged rasp, his horrible way about him, his come-ons and breakdowns. Greg Dulli might be the last great male rock singer.
- Redemption Song - The Ballad Of Joe Strummer by Paul Hawkins
Paul Hawkins meets Joe Strummer's definitive biographer Chris Salewicz
- Rebel Art by Joe Ambrose
Panic Attack! - Art in the Punk Years at London's Barbican proves the notion that punk was one of the most vital and significant cultural markers of the 20th Century.
- The Fantastic Four, a Silver Surfboard and the Salton Sea by Lamont
There are four fantastic shows at once at MOCA this summer and while we were about it for one night only the touring Documentary - Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea - narrated by John Waters
- Ryan Adams: Ego Trapped in Amber by Alex V. Cook
Ryan Adams emerges gloriously from the depths of self-parody and not-giving-a-fuck with Easy Tiger.
- an Odd Pitch: an introduction by Lamont
Celebrity tv / radio / print commercials spotted here...
- Rebel Art Too by Joe Ambrose
Leafcutter John literally coaxes stories from the floors of the Beaconsfield Art Center in Soundtrap II, a mash up of sonics, visuals and more...
- Don't Miss Our Annual White Sale by Alex V. Cook
The White Stripes emerge yet again with a bill of goods, and I'm still buying
- Poets Got Rhythm by Shane O'Reilly
Shane runs into buzz band Poets of Rhythm in Dublin
- an Odd Pitch #1: Elvis Costello and Lexus by Lamont
The first of an occasional series of mainly musical pitchmen and their products
- Drop Your Margaritas and Run Naked in the Streets by Alex V. Cook
Blitzen Trapper falls like a flaming meteor on a dull summer and sends me into a frenzy
- An instant rebate at My Beautiful Laundrette by Lamont
What can a shut-in do to save the world
- Charles Stuart is a Man Who Likes Watching by Paul Hawkins
Paul Hawkins meets Charles Stuart, the Man Who Likes Watching...
- Celebrating Brion Gysin and William Burroughs by Lake
Destroy All Rational Thought is a documentary film based around the Here To Go Show that took place in Ireland in the early 1990s. We talk to one of its co-creators about the newly remastered DVD
- White Light/No Heat/Lots of Stretching by Alex V. Cook
Lou Reed releases an album of contemplative yoga music (really) and still comes off revelatory and dangerous.
- Frog Eyes, Spilt Coffee and The Spurt of Blood by Alex V. Cook
Listening to Frog Eyes is like biting into one of Proust's madeleines, except it's a madeleine filled with blood.
- Happy Shopper #15 - Pure Evil by Lake
Pure Evil, the prolific vampire rabbit loving graffiti artist has a one man show in London. He gives us his shopping list.
- Shellac is a natural polymer and is chemically similar to synthetic polymers by Alex V. Cook
The mighty Shellac return from the abyss with enough broken shards of integrity to slice down the veil of inadequacy around us all.
- The Return of the Pearly King of Rock'n'Roll by Lake
Often the first with a stupid idea - Lake welcomes the White Stripes pearly phase...
- The Antony Gormley White Out by Lake
Antony Gormley's first major solo show in London is more fun than you might have imagined.
- Tav Falco's Up to Something... by Lamont
Tav Falco and the Unapproachable Panther Burns alive and well, we hear, in Paris, France
- Top Summer Reading: The LA Times Homicide Blog by Lamont
Ditch the Jacqueline Susann paperbacks this summer and shock yourself conscious with LA Times Homicide Blog
- Forget Lost: Found, Shared by Henderson Downing
There's archive fever, carrot cake, but no sign of Evangeline Lilly
- Attack Decay Sustain Release Love by Alex V. Cook
Electrelane, the fightin' titans of Brighton enlighten and brighten with "No Shouts, No Calls"