Oh how we love to shop with the Stars! Rene?© Cologne's is our newest Happy Shopper, Her new album, Rock & Roll Housewife, is due in September. When you combine Rene?©'s rich and sensual voice with soaring string lines and stuttering beats, and you'll find Rock & Roll Housewife to be an eclectic mix of glossy, orchestral, electronic, pop. Some say, mash up Bjork and Jane Siberry, we say the Rock and Roll Housewife can probably expect a few more hits than that. So... She sings, she sings, she soars and that's cool an' all, but when she shops, that's when the music starts...
1) What was the last electrical appliance you bought?
Hmm, that would be a leaf blower.
2) How many shoes do you own?
Between 40-50 pairs.
3) Thinking about only what you are wearing now and including your watch, jewelery and glasses if you wear them, how much would it cost me to get dressed up just like you? And where would I have to go to get the look?
Ha! $6200? About $6000 in jewelry (including wedding ring) and the paltry amount of around $200 for my "look". Maternity cargo pants (they look fabulous and have an elastic waist, SO damn comfortable), slim wildly patterned sleeveless t-shirt, purchased somewhere in the east village, swatch serpentine watch, indian sandals.
4) What are you going to be eating for dinner tonight?
I'm making a delicious penne pasta with homemade puttanesca sauce with black olives, an arugula/endive salad with walnuts and gorgonzola cheese, and bread, served with a light red wine.
5) What is the most amount you have ever spent on a bottle of wine or other alcoholic beverage and when and where was it?
I think it was a fine old Rioja wine, purchased at a trendy restaurant in one of the casinos in Las Vegas when I was on tour with MeatLoaf for around $100. It WAS delicious!
6) What and where is your favorite shop?
Online it would probably be UncommonGoods.com - great for everything, including gifts for others or yourself. Hard to pick just one real shop, but I'm fond of Tenth Muse Gallery in Maplewood, NJ, and any Sabon or L'Occitane always makes me happy.
7) How do you get around town?
In NYC, walk, taxi or subway. At home, walk or drive.
8) Where is your favorite place to holiday?
Maui was pretty high up on the list. But I have never been to any country in Europe that I didn't fall in love with - Italy, France, Yugoslavia . . .